Small house fire displaces family Saturday morning

-A A +A

A family of five has been displaced from their home after a small fire Saturday morning.

According to Chief Ted Shields of the Northeast Nelson Fire Protection District, firefighters responded to a report of an active structure fire at 192 Pleasant View Road in Bloomfield.

After extinguishing the fire, Shields said the majority of damage was from smoke, and damage overall was minimal.

The fire was likely caused by a wiring issue in the attic, Shields said, and the American Red Cross was contacted to help the two adults and three children, who will be displaced as work is done on the rental property.

No injuries were reported.