Saturday morning fire causes heavy smoke, fire damage

-A A +A

More than 10 people affected

By Staff

No one was harmed in an early Saturday morning fire on North Third Street, but numerous residents were affected.
Shortly after 10:30 a.m., a report of a fire was called in at the Wilson Motel at 530 N. Third St., according to dispatch logs. Bardstown Fire Department Interim Chief Charles Montgomery said it appeared the fire was caused by an electrical malfunction in a heating unit in the back of the motel complex.  

If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!

Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription

If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Kentucky Standard, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.

Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.

Newspaper Acct. ID:
Street Address:
(exactly as it appears on the label)

If you are a subscriber and you do not know your account ID or don't have a copy of your newspaper available that shows the information on the address label you can click continue below to search for your account.

Special Offer

You have used all your free page views for the month however if you wish to create a FREE limited access account you will be able to view a additional 3 pages per month.

You can also purchase a subscription and have full access to the site. To purchase a subscription simply enter your zipcode below

ZIP Code:

The Kentucky Standard | circulation@kystandard.com | 502-349-0784
110 W. Stephen Foster Avenue, Bardstown, KY 40004
Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday