.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....
RANDY PATRICK/The Kentucky Standard
It took only a short time for this mobile home at 630 Campground Church Road to burn down. High wind was a factor, said the commander on scene, Capt. Todd Baker. Denise Vicencio and her two children were at home but got out of the residence unharmed. Capt. Todd Baker of the Northeast Nelson Fire Department said it appears the fire started in the drier. Nelson County Fire and Rescue assisted. The American Red Cross was called to the scene to help the family.
Fire destroys trailer on Campground Church Road

High winds caused by unseasonably warm weather fanned the flames that quickly swept through a mobile home on Campground Church Road Friday afternoon, destroying the residence.

Fortunately, a mother and her children escaped the flames and were unhurt.

Capt. Todd Baker of the Northeast Nelson Fire Department said the fire occurred around 3:30 p.m.

It was reported that the fire started in the laundry room, probably in a drier.   

“They were home, but they got out safely,” Baker said.